Current Analysis Methods
The steering wheel, if adjustable, shall be placed in the manufacturer indicated position or, failing that, midway between the range(s) for compliance verification. This measures safety for only one position of the steering wheel.
ECE recommends verifying field of vision compliance in the passenger compartment by manually drafting multiple different XYZ coordinates. These coordinates are the V1 and V2 driver eye points in relation to the ‘R’ point (seating reference point).
Current ECE V1/V2 analysis methods are all completely manual, high-cost, complex to initiate, achieve low accuracy, and are proven to be extremely time-consuming.
Ocular3D Analysis Advantage
ECE recommended methods are labor-intensive, high-cost, and only capable of achieving low accuracy.
Ocular3D achieves mathematical accuracy with faster design cycles that only improve over time.
Ocular3D combines advanced computer-aided engineering (CAE) and virtual reality (VR) with advanced machine learning (ML) algorithms. These digital methods are specifically programmed to learn the product and provide ECE V1/V2 optimizations specific to man-machine interfaces. Visualization Analysis™ becomes accurate, efficient, and effective.
Necessary Guidelines Ocular3D Meets
Ocular3D ECE V1/V2 Analysis capabilities example:
An obstruction created by the steering wheel rim and the instrument panel inside the steering wheel can be easily analyzed for compliance recommendations with incredible accuracy. With Ocular3D you can quickly perform iterative rounds of V1/V2 Visualization Analysis™ in just a few clicks.
Ocular3D ECE V1/V2 Visualization Analysis™ can be used for M1 vehicles in which the driver is on the left or the right by simply inverting the criteria.
For OEMs, the Benefits of Using Ocular3D for ECE V1/V2 Analysis are Clear
- Meet regulatory compliance mandates for ECE V1/V2
- With use, Ocular3D’s machine learning tool learns your clinical data sets and provides optimized design recommendations. This process validation drastically speeds up your design cycles.
- Proof of compliance for items captured in the Federal Registry providing clear, data-based litigation avoidances.
- Eliminate current labor-intensive, high-cost CAD methods which only result in low accuracy analysis results.
- Eliminate unnecessary production costs and enhance OEM best practices with advanced machine learning (ML) optimization.