Current Analysis Methods
Manually drawing the field of view in CAD for each sensor, to analyze swept volume across all sensors is rigorous and complicated. Locating each coordinate, then drawing the area of volume, then cross-referencing each for accurate overlap/coverage takes a tremendous amount of time, effort and technical expertise.
Ocular3D Analysis Advantage
Autonomous sensor systems are a combination of software, cameras, proximity, LIDAR, and RADAR devices made to provide detection alerts. These visual and auditory alerts and mechanical actions fully control the vehicle with little to no human interaction, increasing safety in a distracted world.
Ocular3D allows sensor parameters to be studied and validated for positioning, range, overlapping fields of view, safety distances, and beyond. This data provides designers and engineers a direct path to real-world, fast, and accurate Visualization Analysis™.
For OEMs, the Benefits of Using Ocular3D for Autonomous Sensor System Validation are Clear
- Ensure complete sensor coverage through accurate gap analysis.
- Autonomous sensor system analysis speeds up design and go-to-market cycles.
- Virtual validation of autonomous sensor systems prior to pre-production builds reduces unseen errors and cost.
- Analyses in real time with volumetric surface creation performed with speed and efficiency like never before.
- Maintain safety in the rapidly evolving autonomous world of vehicle design.